Friday 24 May 2013

So I'm on this journey of eradicating my desire for sugar & this is my bible! It's been nearly one whole week now & it feels as though sugar is everywhere I look. I didn't think I ate a lot of sugar as would quite often tell myself this 'it's ok you lead a pretty healthy lifestyle' until I sat down read Sarah's book & thought hmmmm maybe I should try this.
Now before I go any further I must point out that I'm not a advocate for any new diet that comes around, in fact I'm not a real fan of any diet that can not be incorporated as a life long commitment.
I quite often have trouble sleeping (closing my eyes is easy, switching off is another matter), feel anxious & the big reason I'm doing this is - so so often I would eat my dinner & be completely full to the brim but still able to squeeze in something sweet. There would be times when I've dined out & left some of my main meal just so I could fit in something from the dessert menu ( I'm talking perfectly good food that I was really enjoying!) So here it is - sugar will no longer have a hold on me!! I just hope it starts getting easier - everywhere I look is sugar & I want it, I want it more than I ever did before. That old saying seems to ring true here - we always want what we can't have

No comments:

Post a Comment